After you apply
We know how important it is for you to plan your next steps, so we work to assess your application and communicate with you as promptly as possible.
Every piece of documentation we receive from you will be logged in our system within two business days. You will be able to monitor the status of your received documents by logging-in to your profile and viewing your check list of required documents.
Once all of your required documents have arrived and your video interview is complete, your file is sent to our recruiting and admissions team for an academic assessment.
We have a rolling admission process, which means that you will hear back from us as soon as your file has been assessed. Expect to hear from us within 2 weeks of your file being complete.
You can check the status of your application by logging in to your Mosaic account.
The assessment process
- Apply (All applicants)
- Applicant video interview (All applicants)
- All applicants will be invited to participate in a video admissions interview.
- Once you have submitted your MBA application, we will provide you with a link to the video questions within 2-3 business days.
- You will be asked three questions which are designed to be answered and filmed without advanced preparation allowing us to get to know you better.
- Additionally, there will be one written essay question that will be completed online.*
- For more information on your online video interview please refer to our FAQ’s.
- Academic assessment (All applicants)
- The recruiting and admissions team assesses your application package and interview results to determine your eligibility.
- GMAT rewrite (Selected applicants only)
- If your GMAT scores do not meet the admission criteria you may receive an email suggesting that you rewrite the test to make your application more competitive.
- Your application is put ‘on hold’ until you rewrite the GMAT or respond to the email.
- Co-op interview (Co-op applicants only)
- If you apply to the co-op program and successfully pass the academic assessment, you will receive an email inviting you to an in-person, behaviour based interview with a member of the Career and Professional Development team..
- If you live outside North America the co-op interview can be conducted by Skype.
- Decision (All applicants)
- Final admission decisions are sent by email, normally within two weeks of completing all components of the admission process.
1. You’re a great candidate!
You will be sent an email inviting you to a co-op interview (step 5 above). If your interview is successful an offer letter will be sent to you by email. If your interview is unsuccessful you will automatically be assessed for an alternative MBA program option.
- If you have at least one year of full-time continuous managerial, professional or technical work experience you will be offered admission to the full-time program.
- If you have less than one year of work experience you will be assessed on a case-by-case basis for an alternative MBA program option.
You may be placed on a waiting list if you receive a borderline interview score or if the program has filled.
- You may be offered an alternate program until the waiting list is reviewed.
- As spots become available we review candidates from the waiting list and offer admission to the co-op option based on interview scores.
Full-time and accelerated applicants:
Congratulations! You have been accepted to the program. You will be sent an email outlining the admission offer and any outstanding conditions (such as receipt of official documents like proof of graduation or final grades). Instructions for accepting the offer will be included in the email.
2. We still have some questions.
In this case, we may request to speak with you one-on-one to further discuss your application and qualifications, or you may be asked to rewrite the GMAT. (See the details above.)
3. Unfortunately your application has been declined.
- If you are not accepted to the program we will notify you by email.
- If you would like to be considered for the next academic session, notify us by email so that we will keep your documents on file. In order to be considered for the next session:
- You must submit a new online application and pay the application fee again.
- You must provide an updated copy of your resume.
- You may send in any other relevant documents such as new letters of recommendation, new GMAT scores, or transcripts for any additional academic work you’ve completed in the meantime.
Good luck with your application! Remember to monitor your email and account to stay up to date on your application status and what’s happening in DeGroote’s MBA program.
*For the applicant video interview to successfully meet the McMaster University Academic Integrity Policy requirements, it is expected that the interview will be conducted on an individual basis without collaboration with others or from any other sources i.e. internet etc. If, in the Admissions Team’s opinion, it is found that you are receiving information from an outside source (e.g. another individual is in the room providing you with answers, or clarifying/translating questions for you, or if your response is plagiarized from a source), then the Admissions Team reserves the right to decline your application. Internet research is not permitted during the interview.