A professional designation is a good way to document your knowledge, skills and abilities. In some careers, a designation is required.
An MBA from the DeGroote School of Business opens doors to a variety of career options and professional designations such as:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-Canada)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA-US)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV)
- Certified Health Executive (CHE)
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
DeGroote MBA students can take advantage of a number of opportunities to fast-track the process of earning a professional designation.
- The Finance specialization has been recognized by the CFA Institute for membership in its University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree programs incorporate at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK). The Finance specialization offers students the opportunity to obtain a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them to sit for the CFA exams.
- Students in the Strategic Business Valuation (SBV) specialization who successfully complete V700 (Strategic Business Valuation) and V704 (Advanced Strategic Business Valuation) will be exempt from taking the Level I and Level II Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV) courses (two of six required courses) for earning the CBV designation, as long as they pass the corresponding CICBV exams before the end of the third calendar year after completing V700 and V704.
- DeGroote has partnered with the Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHL) to give DeGroote Health Services Management students the opportunity to fast-track their Certified Health Executive (CHE) designation while earning their MBA degree.
- MBA students interested in the SAP certification in business integration have to successfully complete at least three SAP-supported MBA courses offered at McMaster University. After completing these courses, students are entitled to take a two-week course offered by SAP Canada to obtain certification in SAP “Business Integration”.