Pre-MBA Program for International Students
Wednesday, August 23, 2017 – Thursday, August 31, 2017
The registration deadline is August 6, 2017.
Registration now open.
At DeGroote, we recognize that it is particularly challenging for international students who have not previously experienced a North American education approach or culture to quickly transition and prepare to maximize their MBA journey. To ensure success, we require all newly admitted international students to attend the mandatory Pre-MBA Program for International Students.
The DeGroote Pre-MBA Program for International Students is an intensive and highly interactive 6-day program designed to build confidence and develop business skills to prepare incoming international MBA students to meet the rigorous demands of our MBA program. The experience will be unique – educational, inspirational, practical and fun – as you embark on this journey in August.
If you have questions about preparing for your arrival in Canada, setting up your personal affairs, or what to expect once you’ve arrived then please read the Handbook for International Students. If you have further questions about the Pre-MBA Program or need help with registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help.
The 6-day Pre-MBA Program will:
- Acquaint you with Canadian culture and practices.
- Familiarize you with academic practices and the DeGroote approach to the MBA program.
- Develop your professional business skills to expected levels to maximize classroom contribution and business competitiveness.
- Connect you with other international MBA students and cultivate life-long friendships.
- Ease your transition to life and study in Canada.
The fee for the 6-day Pre-MBA Program includes:
- 6-hour daily instruction – intensive communication development workshops, professional business skills development, hands-on career development and seminars with industry professionals and MBA alumni.
- Niagara Falls day trip – to provide opportunities to practice your conversational English and have fun while immersing yourself in Canadian culture.
- Formal dinner with faculty, staff and senior students – to start your Canadian network.
- Team building activities
- All required materials and supplies.
- Breakfasts and lunches.