Get your degree quickly and get back into the workforce with the accelerated MBA program. If you already have an undergraduate degree in business you can fast-track your MBA in as little as 8 months. This is a good option if you are focused on your career but want to upgrade your education.
Graduates of McMaster’s Engineering and Management program can also take advantage of this option.
If you think you may qualify, we encourage you to reach out to the recruiting and admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to applying. They would be happy to do an unofficial assessment of your transcript to ensure you meet the strict academic requirements of this option.
Length: 8 months full-time or approximately 20 months part-time
Number of courses: Normally 10 second year courses
Start date: September or January
Program specific requirements:
- You already have an undergraduate degree in business, or are a graduate of McMaster’s Engineering and Management program.
- You graduated within the last 10 years from a recognized North American university.
- You received at least a B grade in all business and introductory economics courses that are equivalent to courses in our first-year curriculum.
- You have a minimum of one year of full-time and continuous managerial, professional, or technical work experience. Undergraduate co-op or internship placements (adding up to 12 months of work or more) from a North American institution will also be considered if they are noted on your official transcripts or are confirmed in a letter from your school.
- If you have a business degree from an international university, you unfortunately cannot be considered for the accelerated option. Instead, please apply to the traditional 20-course program. Only business degrees received from a North American university will be considered for accelerated.
- You must also meet our general admission criteria.
When you apply to the accelerated option we assess your academic transcripts against the ten courses which make up the first year of the MBA program. If there are any additional courses which you will still be required to complete, we will let you know in your offer letter.