We understand that one of your major concerns is likely the cost of doing an MBA. By investing in an MBA today, when you graduate, you will unlock doors not only to better career options, but to a higher salary. From scholarships, bursaries, and admissions awards to paid work opportunities, there are a number of ways to cover the costs of your MBA.
Approximate DOMESTIC TUITION for the whole program:
|MBA (with Co-op) Program||$44,000|
|Accelerated Program (Full-time)||$19,500|
|Accelerated Program (Part-time)||$25,000|
|Blended Learning Part-time Program||$57,500|
The fees above are estimated and are subject to change. Tuition fees for the 2021/2022 academic year will be posted online mid to late June (upon university approval).
Approximate INTERNATIONAL TUITION for the whole program:
|MBA (with Co-op) Program||$88,000|
Scholarships and Awards*
- MBA Admission Awards: People who have applied to DeGroote’s full-time MBA programs are automatically considered for scholarships at the time of application. Scholarships are awarded based on a holistic assessment of the applicant’s profile and range from $1,000 – $10,000.
- MBA In-course and Entrance Scholarships: MBA candidates who are enrolled in DeGroote’s full-time MBA programs have the opportunity apply for additional scholarships. These scholarships range from $500 – $10,000. A full list of opportunities will be made available to MBA candidates in September via McMaster University’s internal AwardSpring scholarship system.
- University-wide Scholarships and Bursaries: Visit McMaster’s Office of the Registrar to see the funding that might be applicable to you.
*Only available to full-time students in the MBA, MBA with Co-op, and Accelerated programs.
Full-time students can apply for Teaching Assistant positions. Opportunities are posted throughout the year.
Paid Work Opportunities
Students in the MBA and MBA (with Co-op) have the opportunity to pursue paid work opportunities. Salaries vary depending on the type of position, market competition, student qualifications, and the company.
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) is available to Canadian citizens or landed immigrants who are residents of Ontario. You should apply as soon as the application forms are made available in late May. This option is not available to Blended Learning Part-time MBA or Part-time Accelerated MBA students.
Residents of Ontario: DeGroote’s full-time MBA programs are eligible for financial aid through OSAP. McMaster University’s Student Services team within the Office of the Registrar manages all inquiries related to government loan applications.
Out-of-Province Residents: For guidance on potential provincial loan opportunities, please visit McMaster’s Registrar page.
* Please note that DeGroote does not play any role in determining loan eligibility with OSAP or out-of-province programs.
Bank Loans / Lines of Credit
TD Canada Trust has partnered with McMaster University to provide selected students with the opportunity to apply for lines of credit through their regular business processes.
Students who have OSAP tuition/book shortfalls are encouraged to reach out to the Student Services team within the Office of the Registrar. Following a consultation, McMaster’s Student Services Professionals will fill out a referral form and direct students to a recommended contact.
Students who are enrolled in a non-OSAP eligible program, such as DeGroote’s part-time Accelerated MBA program, are encouraged to reach out to the local branch of their bank directly to inquire into loans or lines of credit.
In special circumstances, students in non-OSAP eligible programs may also apply for emergency supports through Student Services.
Residents of Ontario
Canadian financial institutions currently only offer loans or lines of credit to students who hold permanent residency status or have a Canadian co-signer. As such, we recommend international students consider securing a bank loan from their home countries to finance their studies. Students may also explore the following options below:
- Student Awards
- Scholarships Canada
- International Education Financial Aid
- Government of Canada – International Student Scholarships
MPOWER Financing is the leading provider of no-cosigner loans to students from around the world. MPOWER loans are based on a student’s career potential and can cover tuition and other education-related expenses.
- No cosigner or collateral needed
- Fixed-rate loans of up to $50,000 USD (about CAD $63,000)
- Interest rates from 6.49% with no prepayment penalty
- Career support through MPOWER’s Path2Success program
- Applying is fast, free, and has no commitment. Apply here!
- Also check out their Scholarships!
HDFC Credila offers a completely customized product for Indian nationals who opt to pursue their university/college education in Canada.
- Funding for: Tuition Fee + cost of living + any other education related expenses
- Flexible repayment options with up to 180 months (15 years) loan tenure1
- Competitive interest rates – starting from 10.75% p.a.2
- Attractive Tax benefits
- Dedicated Relationship Managers with door-step service
For more information, please contact Mr. Tushar Adole
1 Terms and conditions apply.
2 Interest rate offered will vary a on case to case basis and on individual merits.
* Please note that DeGroote does not play any role in determining loan eligibility with MPOWER Financing or HDFC Credilia.